WE CANNOT CHANGE THE WORLD BY OURSELVES
We owe it to our children, young adults, families, and communities to STOP this. Too many young lives are ended by this permanent decision to a temporary problem. #DONTENDYOURSTORY
Recognize the warning signs of suicide and seek immediate attention
- Talking about wanting to die or kill oneself.
- Talking or writing about suicide or death.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about being a burden to others and how the world would be better off without him/her.
- Displaying extreme mood swings and acting recklessly.
- Looking for ways to kill oneself, such as searching online or obtaining access to firearms, pills, or other means to kill oneself.
- Talking about being trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Complete withdrawal.
- Giving away prized possessions and other personal things; tying up loose ends.
If you or someone you love exhibits any of these signs, you should immediately call the National Suicide Prevention hotline at 1-800-273-8255(TALK). If you cannot reach someone on this line, go to an emergency room, make sure you or your loved one is not alone until professional help arrives and remove all firearms, sharp objects, drugs, alcohol and other things that could be used in a suicide attempt.
Have You Suffered a Loss?
Download this FREE resource guide